Best Koast wishes everyone a fun & safe Halloween!
Here are some Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips from the American Red Cross to remember and share with your kiddos:
- Always stick with a friend / partner
- Carry a flashlight
- Visit only the homes that have a porch light on. Accept treats at the door – never go inside.
- Walk only on the sidewalks, not in the street. If no sidewalk is available, walk at the edge of the roadway, facing traffic. Look both ways before crossing the street, and cross only at the corner. Don’t cut across yards or use alleys. Don’t cross between parked cars.
- Make sure a grown-up checks the goodies before eating. (Make sure to remove loose candy, open packages and choking hazards. Discard any items with brand names that you are not familiar with
If you are planning on welcoming Trick-or-Treaters to your home, follow these safety steps:
- Sweep leaves from your sidewalks and steps.
- Clear your porch or front yard of obstacles someone could trip over.
- Restrain your pets.
- Light the area well so the young visitors can see.
Side note: Use extra caution if driving. The youngsters are excited and may forget to look both ways before crossing.